Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing
Double-click

SCOTTISH EXHIBITION BUDGERIGARS & FRIENDS

FOR ALL THINGS BUDGERIGAR

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bad weather

Gary Docherty

Hi there hows everyone s breeding going with this cold weather ?

I ve just got one small tubelar heater which has always been fine but this year its not coping and im going to have to look at another option maybe just another one added to the other side of the shed or something differant altogether.

So far all the birds in the flight have seemed fine and very active and the pairs i have down seem to be behaving normal all the chicks i ve got at the moment that have started to feather up all seem fine but i have lost two pinkies in the last three days one six days old and one a couple of days old.

Would be intersting to hear how everyone else is getting on ?

--

Gary Docherty

http//dochertybudgerigars.webs.com

January 8, 2010 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Gary Docherty at 08:34AM on Jan 08, 2010

Hi there hows everyone s breeding going with this cold weather ?

I ve just got one small tubelar heater which has always been fine but this year its not coping and im going to have to look at another option maybe just another one added to the other side of the shed or something differant altogether.

So far all the birds in the flight have seemed fine and very active and the pairs i have down seem to be behaving normal all the chicks i ve got at the moment that have started to feather up all seem fine but i have lost two pinkies in the last three days one six days old and one a couple of days old.

Would be intersting to hear how everyone else is getting on ?

Hello Gary,Sounds like your season is going ok, same here things just progressing nicely,clear eggs here and there as usual but put that down to young parents particularly cocks,second rounds will always improve.Yes the weather has been nasty but the birdroom is quite snug,you mention putting in another tubular heater have you ever considered a panel heater Tom Graham (Glenrothes), manufactures an excellant model. I have two of them affixed  overhead in the birdroom have employed them for several years and found them really very efficient.All the best to all for the New Year. Willie P.     

--
January 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Honor Dickie
Administrator

Gary,

I used to have tubular heaters, but, switched to low wattage panel heaters, never had a problem, wouldn't say the birdroom is as snug as Willie's though.:D Lost a few adult birds, they were the older/weaker ones, but, cold snaps always find them out. The breeding is ticking along nicely, Lost a couple of chicks, no explanation, had a couple that lost their first chick due to the inexperience of the mother.

January 10, 2010 at 4:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Docherty

Thanks Willie and Honor i think ill need to give these panel heaters a try how do i get in touch with  him Willie does he advertise anywhere ?

--

Gary Docherty

January 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Honor Dickie at 04:22AM on Jan 10, 2010

Gary,

I used to have tubular heaters, but, switched to low wattage panel heaters, never had a problem, wouldn't say the birdroom is as snug as Willie's though.:D Lost a few adult birds, they were the older/weaker ones, but, cold snaps always find them out. The breeding is ticking along nicely, Lost a couple of chicks, no explanation, had a couple that lost their first chick due to the inexperience of the mother.

Gary,  www.flexel.co.uk  is the website for Avisafe heating cassette.Tom Graham's tel.nos01592611775    mob.07939500045

W.P.

--
January 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Docherty

william peacock at 03:24PM on Jan 10, 2010

Honor Dickie at 04:22AM on Jan 10, 2010

Gary,

Gary,  www.flexel.co.uk  is the website for Avisafe heating cassette.Tom Graham's tel.nos01592611775    mob.07939500045

W.P.

Thank you Willie they look like a good product

--

Gary Docherty

January 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert N

Gary, to obtain the panel heaters contact Donald Burnett, 01592 750510, he is the agent  nominated by Tom Graham.

I have been using the panel heater for eight years and as Willie says they are really good. However I have only one and have found that in these really cold conditions two are required. As always ity depends on the size of the birdroom, and as my own is 20ft x 14ft a second one is needed.

Cheers

Robert N

January 11, 2010 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Docherty

Robert N at 08:05AM on Jan 11, 2010

Gary, to obtain the panel heaters contact Donald Burnett, 01592 750510, he is the agent  nominated by Tom Graham.

I have been using the panel heater for eight years and as Willie says they are really good. However I have only one and have found that in these really cold conditions two are required. As always ity depends on the size of the birdroom, and as my own is 20ft x 14ft a second one is needed.

Cheers

Robert N

Hi Robert thanks very much for the info and i will contact Donald after i have managed to get the upgrade done to my shed.

--

Gary Docherty

January 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.