Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing
Double-click

SCOTTISH EXHIBITION BUDGERIGARS & FRIENDS

FOR ALL THINGS BUDGERIGAR

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > SURPLUS STOCK

Duncan Kean

Im downsizing my flock just now as i will be building a new birdhouse in the spring. So, i put budgerigars for sale ad in Gumtree, all at the bargain price of a fiver ( worth more ), Its amazing how many chancers you get via this website ( most people genuine i must add ), queries like....."IS THERE BLOOD"!??, "HOW MUCH YOU SAY", "ARE THEY OFF SHOW BIRDS", but the most sinister is a flat "WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHATS YOUR NUMBER". Also , a visitor to my shed had his eyes wandering from the birds on sale to a skyblue cock in my flight, "THATS A GID BURD","AR YE SELLING HIM", as if he wasnt getting a few bargains for a fiver apiece, ive read articles from fanciers saying that this is their pet hate, now i understand why.Also ,in entering my shed,he said, " MY SHEDS BIGGER THAN THIS ", -POINT. However, there was a few callers who were just starting up in the hobby who were asking for advice( not that im an expert in the field, but i passed on what i knew), and gave them a few birds for free into the bargain. Ive even had a message from some woman or man talking about heavenly kharma and some other unpronouncible phrases for the birds they wish to buy,weird. Thats the last time i will advertise on a public website, ill just have to be more selective in the way i pair my birds, in quantity and for quality( hopefully). On a final note - " COME ON THE HIBEES".

--

Duncan

May 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert N

Hello Duncan, It take all sorts to make the world go around. Scary the folk that are out there.  

My nephew also from Edinburgh will be shouting for the other half today, hope the best team wins. Hankies ready

Cheers

Robert N.

May 19, 2012 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain

I'm the same Duncan.

Since I'm having to give up, my advert on Gumtree has dragged up all sorts. I was advertising my birds from a fiver and couldn't believe the amount of sob stories I was getting from people wanting them for nothing.

Fortunately 2 guys (that seem genuine and have a clue what they are doing) have bought most of my birds. Now only got 9 left, so getting there.

Cheers

James

--

James

May 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Hi Duncan You'll be looking forward to erecting your new birdroom, what dimesions are you thinking of?

Sounds ominous about the guys coming to you for surplus stock, I think I'd be selling them "Nowt" just show them the door. Strangely I've never been a great seller of birds usually the same fanciers return regularly, but this year birds have produced so well especialy blues and greys I had thought of advertising but will have second thoughts

now! as for letting birds go for prices you say I would be  nipping their necks, On a brighter side Duncan I  hope to see you stage a few quality birds on the show bench come "Showtime" Regards for now Willie P. 

--
May 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jondia

Duncan Kean at May 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Im downsizing my flock just now as i will be building a new birdhouse in the spring. So, i put budgerigars for sale ad in Gumtree, all at the bargain price of a fiver ( worth more ), Its amazing how many chancers you get via this website ( most people genuine i must add ), queries like....."IS THERE BLOOD"!??, "HOW MUCH YOU SAY", "ARE THEY OFF SHOW BIRDS", but the most sinister is a flat "WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHATS YOUR NUMBER". Also , a visitor to my shed had his eyes wandering from the birds on sale to a skyblue cock in my flight, "THATS A GID BURD","AR YE SELLING HIM", as if he wasnt getting a few bargains for a fiver apiece, ive read articles from fanciers saying that this is their pet hate, now i understand why.Also ,in entering my shed,he said, " MY SHEDS BIGGER THAN THIS ", -POINT. However, there was a few callers who were just starting up in the hobby who were asking for advice( not that im an expert in the field, but i passed on what i knew), and gave them a few birds for free into the bargain. Ive even had a message from some woman or man talking about heavenly kharma and some other unpronouncible phrases for the birds they wish to buy,weird. Thats the last time i will advertise on a public website, ill just have to be more selective in the way i pair my birds, in quantity and for quality( hopefully). On a final note - " COME ON THE HIBEES".

hi there,  thanks for your reply by the way. i read in c&a paper  that customers and clowns are a breed to be wary of. i dont think you will have too much trouble sorting them out. i wish i was nearer to you for a bird or two.  good luck with your quest and how about taking a photo of the people your unsure about, we all have mobiles with cams on them and its not difficult to snap a few shots of them.  

May 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Scammell

hi duncan by the way god knows if this will work or not might be a pratt again but here goes lol as we were talking about earlier im not sure i would like strangers coming to see my birds maybe me or just a sign of the times

May 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John Scammell

i would just like to give you some advise duncan, dont use plasterboard AGAIN on your walls as you told me the birds ate through it in minutes, yhere are sme dodgy joiners out there lol good luck on your new build and if you need any advise just ask the old woman down your street lol

May 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honor Dickie
Administrator

John Scammell at May 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM

i would just like to give you some advise duncan, dont use plasterboard AGAIN on your walls as you told me the birds ate through it in minutes, yhere are sme dodgy joiners out there lol good luck on your new build and if you need any advise just ask the old woman down your street lol

and folk that aren't typing with their eyes shut. lol :D

--

Always try and help, what goes around comes around.

Honor

www.dickiebirds.webs.com

June 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John Scammell

nice 1 honor i like it, cheeky mare lol. well done with the new web site design very well presented

June 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John Scammell

sorry duncan your team got leathred i hear there changing the 1 oclock gun for what the jambos achieved there firing at 5 to 1 now john the quiet man lol

June 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Duncan Kean

you kill me john,had to stop my head from falling off:lol:,anyway the hibees will come good:P.Like the new layout Honor.

--

Duncan

June 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.