Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing
Double-click

SCOTTISH EXHIBITION BUDGERIGARS & FRIENDS

FOR ALL THINGS BUDGERIGAR

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > out and about

david fisher

hi davy here took a trip to see a few beginners who have had birds from me in the past 18 months first visit was local to peter gowran he was wanting birds that would put shoulder onto his stock and he has managed to do that now he needs to improve head quality which he is addressing at the moment has progressed well in a short time next i went a bit further afield to burnt island where i visited sandy white and was very impressed with the overall standard some really good red eyes and a huge improvement on his mainstream colours good shoulder good length an and the direction of the head feathers are adding to the overall standard of his birds i was impressed another beginner up there kevin watson was at work but seems he is happy with his progress gary my wee mate is also working hard to improve his birds and if effort counts he will get there soon   good work on the site honor wee need more input from members to make it a success davy

June 10, 2012 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Good post Dave, nice to hear from you. as you rightly say if a few more forum members would contribute no matter their level in the fancy it would make the Scottish Web worth while! Yes Honor I like the new layout,haven't heard from you for a while,how about an update from yourself?

Regards to all Willie P. 

June 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Honor Dickie
Administrator

I would like to thank Davy for contributing and others who are regulars. For those in the know I  wasn't myself last year and could have quite happily given everything up, to be quite honest I took too much on, I have now passed some of my duties to someone at work and gave up the editor, my concentration now is to get my birds back up to scratch and deal with the website.

For those members who think that their subs pay for this website, they do not, it is completely subsidised by myself and Willie, the only reason I put this here is because I got a good bit of flak from some people last year,regarding the website. I was ill guys and I do have a full-time job.

I would however like to thank a certain few breeders, who showed they were true friends and took the time to call me personally or email to check I was ok, for that I thank you, you know who you are.

Enough of my little rant, I am now back to my old self, (less of the cheeky comments about the old). I won't be showing so much this year as I was very late in starting my breeding, 

I may appear at a couple of shows, but, it is more difficult now, as I don't have a car and Willie isn't able to carry the showcages due to his health problems, but, I will try and get a few birds to shows.

As for the hobby, it's going into decline guys, especially in Scotland, we have lost a good few breeders since last year due to one thing and another.

There are 113 members on this site now, how many are actively involved with the society or post on here to try and encourage others into our fascinating hobby. It can't always be left to the same few.I sent an email shot to everyone and only 3 have replied.

I can't do everything, I don't have the experience, but, you as members need to let me know, what you would like to see, how you would like to see the website going, are you happy with it?

You have to remember, that before I joined the society, there was no sign of a website, we have to move with the times.

What do you guys think of a  once a month photo show and maybe Willie could pick the best bird, or putting up photo's with faults, so that we can all learn, you hear a lot about opalescense, how many of us actually know what it is or what it looks like?

This site need to be more interactive, I don't get any sponsorship from the society or receive any, like the sponsorship that was thrown at the Exhibition Budgerigar Forum, but I am trying my best.

Robert are there any past articles that could be included on the site?

We could do better.

Email your thoughts, my link is on the website, phone me 01314679987 or send a message via the form on the home page.

--

Always try and help, what goes around comes around.

Honor

www.dickiebirds.webs.com

June 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Docherty

william peacock at June 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Good post Dave, nice to hear from you. as you rightly say if a few more forum members would contribute no matter their level in the fancy it would make the Scottish Web worth while! Yes Honor I like the new layout,haven't heard from you for a while,how about an update from yourself?

Regards to all Willie P. 

Honor I think the site in general is great and don't think you could do to much more all it needs is people to contribute more but that is something that you can't do anything about. Glad you're feeling better and did nt pack in the birds. Hopefully see you at some of the shows this year
--

Gary Docherty

http//dochertybudgerigars.webs.com

June 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honor Dickie
Administrator

Gary Docherty at June 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM

william peacock at June 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Regards to all Willie P. 

Honor I think the site in general is great and don't think you could do to much more all it needs is people to contribute more but that is something that you can't do anything about. Glad you're feeling better and did nt pack in the birds. Hopefully see you at some of the shows this year

Thanks Gary,

Hope to see you out and about, have to say your birds are coming on.

Honor

--

Honor

www.dickiebirds.webs.com

June 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Hi Honor good to hear from you again. I'm sure many of our members will not have been aware of the very many commitments you have had to endure and deal with added to that the health of yourself and Willie. Hopefully things will improve.The monthly project you suggested sounds interesting and could provide a new field for the forum members.as you know I am always willing to help in any way I can. One snag being as you know I'm a computor "Numpty" can't even manage to post a photo on the forum site! though can e/mail them across the globe! Anyway nice to see you back. Best regards. Willie P. 

--
June 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honor Dickie
Administrator

Willie,

You can always email them to me and I will do my best :)

--

Honor

www.dickiebirds.webs.com

June 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

peter gowran

Thanks for the visit and constructive critisism Davy.Its always good to have someone else give their opinion although when I visit you I am green with envy.Never mind .I will hopefully get a few more shows under my belt this year but working five Saturdays out of seven makes it awkward.

June 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.