Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > charcoal

alan gordon

hi guys do amy of you feed charcoal or have experiance good or bad using it 

--

alan gordon   melrose

June 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tommy Buckett

Hi there I give my bird's Kilpatricks minerals in finger drawers all year round, it contains charcoal and some of the bird's take it others don't ,only drawback is birds faces can resemble that of a coalman so keep it away from your show team .

--

Novice breeder and exhibitor B7288, SB947 http://b7288budgies.webs.com/

June 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

william peacock

Tommy I would recomend Kilpatrick minerals have use them all my days in the fancy I'm always amazed when offered to the birds in the flights every bird immediatly is down for it it contains charcoal and a variety of salts.However just a couple  of weeks ago I called into Somerviles for seed and also Kilpatricks Min. he told me it was no longer available, (though I've heard that before," I took a product by Aviforme, Black Minerals termed free access minerals in it's place this contains, phosphates,lime,potassium salts,iodines and charcoal, it sounds the part but I did notice the birds took to it  but not with same keeness as the former. Willie P.

June 14, 2012 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tommy Buckett

I get mine from Allan Melvin as he also supplies my seed,will ask him if it is still available this week and will let you know what he says.I also give them Terramix which has lots of good minerals in it,the birds dive in as soon as dish is on the flight floor .

--

Novice breeder and exhibitor B7288, SB947 http://b7288budgies.webs.com/

June 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain

I used to use straight Charcoal in finger drawers in my breeding cages. Every single hen I've paired up have scoffed the stuff.

......but yes, they often look like they've just been down the pit!!  :D

--

James

June 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.